RESTRICTIONS EXCEPTIONAL TRANSPORTS
When should not be driven? All types of driving bans you from tel on Belgian roads you can find below. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For the moment there are no restrictions
Exceptional transports are banned as public roads are snowy or icy and in fog, snow or rain when the visibility is less than 200m.
- Saterday from 12.00h until Sunday midnight; Except crane cars to mass 96OTO (8 axes)
- The day before a holiday from 16.00h untill the same day midnight . (1 January – Eastermonday – 1 may – Ascension Day – Whit Monday – 21 July – 15 August – 1 November – 11 November – 25 December)
- Transports whose maximum dimensions are bigger than lenght 27m00 – width 3m50 – mass 60TO are forbidden between 7.00h and 9.00h and between 16.00h and 18.00h.
- Between 06.00h and 21.00h for all transports whose maximum dimensions are bigger than lenght 30m00 – width 4m00
MOTORWAYS – HIGHWAYS
- Saterday from 12.00h until Sunday midnight. Always forbidden, transports higher than 4m30 and total mass bigger than 44to.
- The day before a holiday from 16.00h untill the same day midnight (1 January – Eastermonday – 1 May – Ascension Day – Whit Monday – 21 July – 15 August – 1 November – 11 November – 25 December)
- Transports whose maximum dimensions are bigger than lenght 27m00 – width 3m50 – mass 44 to are forbidden between 7.00h and 9.00h and between 16.00h and 18.00h.
Between 06.00h and 21.00h for all transports whose maximum dimensions are bigger than:
- Lenght 30m00 – width 3m50 – highways with 2 lanes
- Lenght 30m00 – width 4m00 – highways with 3 lanes
Police escort must be 4 working days (Monday to Friday between 8 am and 5 pm) prior to the start of the transport be requested at the Federal Police provincial traffic unit. There is NO police escort run from Friday 9 pm to Monday 21 h. The federal police can accompany the transport from 7 pm at the earliest. (Derogation from the General provisions)
When do you need police escort:
- Driving in contrary direction on roads where the speed limit is more than 70km/h
- crossing a motorway
- traffic can be stopped on roads where the speed limit is more than 70km/h.
SIGNALISATION – PANELS
Panels 100cm x 16cm YELLOW or ORANGE reflective with black tekst in capital letters of at least 12cm high with incription:
- ‘CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL’
- or ‘TRANSPORT EXCEPTIONNEL’
- or ‘UITZONDERLIJK VERVOER’
- or SCHWERTRANSPORT’
Panel 50 x 50cm YELLOW reflective backgrund with black logo and black border of 2cm.
One of these panels must be of the front and rear be fitted and made invisible when the vehicle is no longer complies with the characteristics of an exceptional vehicle.
Addional safety equipment in the cabin
In the cabin:
- 2 warning triangles
- 2 portable flashlights yellow orange 100 visibillity
CAT 1: 5 year valid
27.00 x 3.50 x 4.00 = 44TO
CAT 2: 1 year valid
A: 30.00 x 4.25 x 4.50 = MAX 90TO
B: 30.00 x 4.25 x 4.30 = MAX 44TO
CAT 3: 4 months valid
35.00 x 5.00 x 4.80 = MAX 120TO
CAT 4: 2 months valid
all other dimensions.
Escort exceptional transports Belgium
Escorts only possible by companies they are register by the Belgium Federal Public Services Home Affairs.
Length more than 30.00 meter: 1 EC
Length more than 35.00 meter: 2 EC
Length more than 40.00 meter: 3 EC
Width more than 3.50 meter: 1 EC
Width more than 4.50 meter: 2 EC
Width more than 5.00 meter: 3 EC
Height more than 4.80 meter: 2 EC
Total weight more than 90TO: 1 EC
Total weight more than 180TO: 2 EC